So 16 is one of my lucky numbers so I’m rather excited about 2016 as you can only imagine! I like to have a crazy New Year’s Resolution to attempt during the year…they’re good to have so you can reflect on them towards the end of the year.
Soooo drum roll please…my 2016 New Year’s Resolution is to visit every county in England in the next 12 months….and yes I know there are 48 of them according to Wikipedia (and you know they never lie!)…the 48 are ceremonial counties rather than administrative counties…bejesus this resolution has already got me bloody confused!
Now as much as I would love to visit every little nook and cranny in every county, I’m well aware that this isn’t going to be possible on a day trip or even a weekend away so I’m going to choose a few things to see, do or eat and to get a tick in the box to complete my visit in the county, I will need to have a cup of tea in said county…oh so very English!
These are the counties…
- Bedfordshire – my home county! Visited the Shuttleworth Collection (ideas: Millbrook, Turvey, Old Warden)
- Buckinghamshire – visited Waddesdon Manor, yet to blog about it (ideas: Old Amersham)
- Cambridgeshire – visited Buckden, Hemingford Abbots & Brampton (ideas: Grantchester, Elton, Houghton and Wyton)
- Cheshire – visited Chester (ideas: Lyme Park)
- City of London
- Cornwall – visited Port Isaac, The Eden Project and Charlestown.
- Cumbria – visited Hill Top Farm, yet to blog about it.
- Derbyshire (ideas: The Peak District, Longnor)
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- East Sussex – visited Alfriston (ideas: Alfriston)
- Essex – visited Wilkins & Sons Tiptree & Dedham (ideas: Saffron Walden, Castle Hedingham)
- Gloucestershire – visited Bibury and Stow on the Wold
- Greater London – visited Kensington Palace, need to blog about it! (ideas: Kensington Palace)
- Greater Manchester
- Herefordshire – visited Ross on Wye, need to blog about it!
- Hertfordshire – visited Hatfield House and Royston Cave, yet to blog about it! (ideas: Ayot St. Lawrence, Royston Cave, Hatfield House)
- Isle of Wight
- Kent- visited Broadstairs (ideas: Upnor, Hever Castle, Broadstairs)
- Lancashire – visited Blackpool, yet to blog about it!
- Leicestershire – visited Leicester and the King in the Car Park (ideas: Leicester)
- Lincolnshire – visited Belton House and Woolsthorpe Manor (ideas: Lincoln, Stamford, Belton House)
- Merseyside – visited Liverpool (ideas: Liverpool)
- Norfolk – visited Cromer to eat Crab
- North Yorkshire – visited Harrogate and Knaresborough, yet to blog about it
- Northamptonshire – visited Stoke Bruerne
- Oxfordshire – visited Great Tew
- Rutland – visited Rutland Water and Oakham, yet to blog about it! (ideas: Rutland Water, Oakham, Hambleton Hall)
- Shropshire – visited Shrewsbury, Ironbridge Gorge and Bridgnorth
- Somerset – visited Wells
- South Yorkshire
- Staffordshire – visited Stoke on Trent and had a spot of afternoon tea at Wedgwood!
- Suffolk – visited Bury St Edmunds (ideas: Aldeburgh, Orford (for the castle) and Felixstowe)
- Surrey – visited RHS Wisley
- Tyne and Wear
- Warwickshire – visited Warwick Castle and Warwick
- West Midlands
- West Sussex – visited Arundel (ideas: my old home in Arundel, Amberley Castle)
- West Yorkshire (ideas: Haworth)
- Wiltshire – visited Castle Combe and Lacock Village (ideas: Lacock Village, Luckington Court)
- Worcestershire – visited Broadway
I thought I would add in the places that I would potentially like to visit in each county so if you have any ideas or recommendations please let me know!
This is my way of seeing more of England and hopefully showing people that there is more to England than just London.