Weight: 98.3 kgs
“I may have lost my heart, but not my self-control. ” – Jane Austen, Emma
^^It’s a new year so I thought I would use quotes from Emma…this one seemed quite fitting!
My Life Goal, ze Weight
My weight has jumped up this week as I’m having major IBS symptoms for no reason whatsoever (I’m wondering if a rouge onion or piece of garlic has entered my mouth at some stage!)…but I’m still smiling so that’s good! Was still smiling even after having a scope shoved up my bottom on Tuesday afternoon at Bedford Hospital…we did have a chuckle as she said I’m not going to tell you to relax…just remember to breathe…which I then forgot to do.
Shake Your Booty
I did manage to do exercise once this week which is pretty pitiful however I ended up working some horrendous hours as it’s year end, my busiest and favourite time in the financial calendar (and I’m not joking…I love year end!). I’m hoping things will settle a bit more now as the numbers are in, now the reporting starts…and climbing a mountain on my treadmill does sound enticing!
What I’m Up Too…
Well with work slightly crazy…I’m just having a relaxing weekend…which considering how crap the weather is today, is perfect!
So far my Saturday has consisted of:
- Getting my eyes tested; they were fine bar one eye +0.25 and the other eye -0.25…the issue I’ve had for the past 6 years. While I don’t really need glasses, I think it might be time to invest in them as I’m getting dizzy every time I look up from the computer and the headaches are getting beyond annoying…still undecided.
- Went to a candle sale…totally rock n roll and I know you’re jealous!
- Tidied up the bookcase and sent G’s mum home with a two bags of old books for the church book sale next month…tidy house, tidy mind!
- Whipped around Waitrose at 7pm when it was empty of both people and food! Got everything that we needed which is good…we have a load of food in the freezer and cupboard so am going to work my way through that…I’m notorious for buying enough food to feed an army but I don’t waste it which is good.
- Printed off G’s brother photo that he wanted from our visit to Hitchin last week.
- Listed a few more things on eBay which is ace…there’s a lot of people scrolling through eBay so if you want to sell things, now is a good time to get listing!
Sunday…I may go for a little drive if the weather slightly improves…I drove through two very cute little villages when I went to Wellingborough last weekend so fancy going to check them out again and stopping this time.
My lens from Jessops didn’t turn up…their customer service team is pants so after they ignored me AGAIN…I sent my email to the CEO…I had a reply within a few hours. I’m sure his PA probably forwarded my email on however at least I have someone now responding to me, why the lens went from next day delivery to “we have no idea when Olympus can fulfil this order” and decided not to tell you at all…just grrr! Has anyone ever bought a silver lens before…do they scratch easily? (first world problems I know…sorry!)
After having issues with the NHS for months and months and months, G and I are finally (touch wood!) actually getting somewhere this year! Bedford is currently a NHS nightmare, my doctors surgery went into liquidation last year (how is that even bloody possible..I’m sure the word on the street is true!) and almost every other surgery is not taking on new patients in the area (thankfully I’ve found one that is pretty good!), G had to provide an alternative address to get seen by a GP that actually gave a crap about mental illness (I almost had a breakdown while he was spiralling out of control, all thanks to that useless GP!)…I’ve had to be transferred down to Luton & Dunstable hospital for treatment for my lady bits as Bedford Hospital cocked up…our local hospital is stalling as it’s had no investment in years as they were looking at closing it down…I feel for the staff working on the NHS in Bedford as there are some really good eggs but then there are some real rotten eggs, REALLY rotten…but I feel for the patients that are suffering even more in our area… especially the elderly folks stuck in villages with no transport and where GP’s are refusing to make house calls hence they are getting no treatment at all. And this is only half of it…if I told you the rest, you just wouldn’t believe me…I’ve cried a lot…and I refuse to go private when I pay my taxes to get treated on the NHS!
So I’m having another colonoscopy at the end of the month (I’ve seen a really good specialist at our local hospital this week after my new GP rushed me through on the 2 week rule due to the piss poor care of my previous GP’s, getting told the week of christmas that it sounds like colon cancer didn’t even make it into to my top 5 worse NHS moments of 2016…I’m sure it’s all going to be fine and dandy and she’s just a worry wart!) and then G is having an operation the following day…G’s mum will be our NHS taxi service for the two days as I can’t drive for 24 hours after the procedure and G will be off work for 2 weeks for recovery. It means we can’t go away for our birthdays either…which I’m not fussed about as long as we are feeling better to tackle things later on.
Happy New Year!
Anyway enough of my babbling…time to read my book…the social media detox is working a treat.